Love is seldom sweeter the second time around.. but such doesnt hold true to my romance with manang’s chicken. our love story started 2 years ago, when me and my best girl friend
(notice the space between girl and friend) discovered this chicken wonder near our office. i remembered us having to eat there nearly every day of every week when we discovered it at ACI towers in Ortigas Center. i remembered the first smell, bite, and giddy reaction i had with my first ever Manang’s Chicken. Time sure do pass by so fast.
But here i am, once again, within the fortress of Manang’s, waiting to taste the latest addition to their food line up! we started the night with the side dishes (i am a coleslaw person – so perfect lang!). part of our menu was their coleslaw and macaroni salad which i have always found to be simple and satisfying, (i really hate complicated salads as each ingredient contributes to the overall taste. Therefore the many ingredients present, the less overall satisfying it is for me!). following our appetizer round was the Manang’s potato chips with 4 different dips (including the latest spicy ketchup dip – which i found to be awesome! (i love ketchup, and i love spicy food – – therefore this combination was a palate-gasmic experience).
i found the main entree to be delicious yet was a bit wondering regarding the price. the garlic pork rice was a unique experience for me! a pork slab perfected with garlic bits and accompanied by a very weird yet addicting vinegar. i have heard of reviews toward this meal, but all that shattered when i tasted it myself. i still found the magic of manangs chicken in it, the same magic that captivated my heart and stomach 2 years ago. yet i was a bit hesitant regarding it being a budget meal and it being 100+ pesos.
In Totality, my love for manangs remains (if not, have strengthened!). the explanation to why i do can be stemmed from the satisfaction i get everytime i eat at Manang’s Chicken. up to this day, i have many friends that loves manang’s chicken because they love how big, how budgeted, and how delicious every food selection is at this store.
Some Manang’s Chicken Facts and Tips:
1. Manang’s Chicken is Owned and Operated by Giabella Foods Corporation.
2. Manang’s Chicken was first offered December of 2012 at a public stall in Mercato Centrale
3. By June 2011, the first Manang’s Chicken store opened in Ortigas Center Pasay (here was where i discovered my love for the manang’s chicken)
4. The President and CEO, Jill Borja is a lawyer by profession, and selling fried chicken in weekend markets was only a hobby at first (INSPIRATION TO!)
5. Manang’s Chicken current stores: 1. Ortigas Center, 2. Katipunan, 3. Taft (Vito Cruz are), 4. SM Mega Mall , 5. Sm North Branch, 6. Glorietta 4 Food Choices, 7. Tomas Morato, 8. BF Homes, 9. Wilcon City Center, Visayas Ave
6. Mix and Match the chicken sauces to match your tastes (so that your food wont be too spicy, or too mild — Personal recommendation)
7. Order the Large Manang’s Chips and Dips and share with your friend, date, or family
8. Manang’s Chicken gets better with repetition! (TRUST ME ON THIS!)
so with that, ill just end with.. Thank you Manang’s Chicken for existing, and being part of my life!
— Behind Thick Framed Notes
1. Visit the Manang’s Chicken Website at http://www.manangschicken.com
2. Like them on Facebook : Manang’s Chicken
3. Follow them on Twitter and Instagram : @manangschicken
4. Visit them now, and try their latest and old food selection so you can relate to my feeling!
5. Thank you Manang’s Chicken for making me try your latest food selection!